Beyond the veil: What's after type functions

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Wed Jan 6 16:43:26 UTC 2021

On 2021-01-06 17:34, Ola Fosheim Grøstad wrote:

> But the DMD AST model isn't really suitable for exposure.

Why not? It would be code like any other code that can be abstracted
over and helpers can be created for it.

> So you would need to design a completely new AST... not sure if this is feasible in
> this decade? :)

I would not expose it exactly as it is. But I don't think a completely
new design is required. If you look carefully at my design [1] you'll
see that it doesn't map exactly (but more or less) to the internal AST
in DMD.

[1]
https://github.com/jacob-carlborg/druntime/blob/517dafcf54ad73049fb35d1ed5fa2ad6619b9ac4/src/core/ast/expression.d

--