What, if any, do you dislike about GUI like Qt, Gtk+, C#'s WinForms, etc and you would do differently with D?

evilrat evilrat666 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 12:13:47 UTC 2021

Imho all this talk about native look & feel is just lame, just
look at professional software, it is basically the norm to have a
custom uniform style at least across desktop platforms.
In fact I've seen many times on the internets how much users are
grateful to devs when it suddenly happens to work on
another(replacement) machine with unfamiliar OS installed.

Also, compare "default" OS styles(is there actually single
default on Windows now? What about linux? No, don't tell me about
GTK) for example MS paint or notepad and Mac Finder. (They all
looks to me like if they've come from prehistoric times)

On Thursday, 7 January 2021 at 11:28:57 UTC, sighoya wrote:
> On Thursday, 7 January 2021 at 10:44:39 UTC, Guillaume Piolat
> wrote:
>
>> I don't use them because I find they come with a big dynlib
>> runtime. Though in this day and age it may not be a problem at
>> all.
>
> Isn't it possible to statically link qt applications nowadays?
> I don't know though if this is a good idea

It was for 10+ years, just makes your code GPL infected. And IIRC
since that moment when Nokia sold Qt there was is even more
licensing restrictions added.