Adela Vais - SAOC Milestone 4 Updates 1 and 2 - Dlang GLR Parser for GNU Bison

Adela Vais adela.vais99 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 23:30:29 UTC 2021

On Tuesday, 22 December 2020 at 21:12:02 UTC, Adela Vais wrote:
> [...]

Hello!

As of the last update:
- I added internationalisation to the LALR1 parser. [1]
- Starting from the code generated by the calc example, I
modified it to use a push parser.
- I removed a name parsing function used for error messages. It
was a backward-compatible feature for the other parsers, but D
does not have to use it. [2]
- I removed some imports that were unnecessary after I added the
internationalization. [3]
- I removed support for the error parsing option 'verbose'. This
is another backward-compatible feature for the other parsers.
Before the removal, 'detailed' and 'verbose' options generated
the same output. [4]
- I created a way of reporting the number of errors found by the
parser. [5]
- I submitted a patch for fixing a test function. If lookahead
correction with trace debugging was used, then the output was
getting mixed up with the error message reporting. [6]
- I started working on a way to introduce in the calc example the
std.conv.parse enhancement I made. [7]

The plan for next week:
- Continue working on the unfinished tasks from above. For the
push parser, the next step will be to see how the push parser
works in a program using lookahead correction.

[1]
https://github.com/akimd/bison/commit/594cae57ca63fc7b3f18dad3d6472e043c626df0
[2]
https://github.com/akimd/bison/commit/5bac3ddcee7c6eebb4833d1954f614fced475073