Why D is not a popular language?

aberba karabutaworld at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 20:23:18 UTC 2021

On Friday, 8 January 2021 at 18:13:52 UTC, sighoya wrote:
> On Friday, 8 January 2021 at 16:26:43 UTC, Marcone wrote:
>>Why D is not a popular language?
>
> -
>
>> Better integration of D with Qt5 and Qt6 and the web would
>> make Dlang rise in popularity.
>
> Yes, but also better Gtk support would be good?

I'm not sure how gtkd can be made any better than it already is.
I've got no complaints so far.

Qt isn't even cool. Use GTK-d.

Or maybe
> something new completely in D?
We have BeamU and DlangUI. They just don't have enough manpower
to polish them up faster.

> The biggest part for me is more software ergonomic feeling when
> developing with D. We are not in the eighties anymore. I don't
> know surely if we can realize better tooling by utilizing and
> improving the DMD compiler, maybe we need, just as it is the
> case for Java, an D IDE compiler.

If you're on Windows, Visual Studio with Visual-d should be
enough. There's also the popular VS code.