Why D is not a popular language?

evilrat evilrat666 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 9 07:26:28 UTC 2021

On Saturday, 9 January 2021 at 02:07:49 UTC, Jack wrote:
> On Friday, 8 January 2021 at 20:23:18 UTC, aberba wrote:
>>>
>>> -

>>> Yes, but also better Gtk support would be good?
>>
>> I'm not sure how gtkd can be made any better than it already
>> is. I've got no complaints so far.
>>
>> Qt isn't even cool. Use GTK-d.
>>

>> Or maybe
>>> something new completely in D?
>> We have BeamU and DlangUI. They just don't have enough
>> manpower to polish them up faster.
>
> Does DLangUI has a GUI designer? I've heard of this one before

Short answer: NO

But look in examples, there is quick markup viewer in demo's
which you can use to design your UI with markup on the fly

(I think it was this one)
https://github.com/buggins/dlangui/tree/master/examples/dmledit

P.S. unfortunately DlangUI is currently abandoned, the project
author doesn't have time and AFAIK nobody else is volunteered to
pick up the maintenance.