Why D is not a popular language?

aberba karabutaworld at gmail.com
Sun Jan 10 00:10:26 UTC 2021

On Saturday, 9 January 2021 at 19:53:44 UTC, sighoya wrote:
> On Saturday, 9 January 2021 at 14:55:33 UTC, zjh wrote:
>> 2. There is no benefit to GC in D. Better get rid of it.
>
> I think this is part of the problem in our community, the
> disparity between proponents and opponents of GC utilization.

GC isn't going away. That decision is also written on stone and
sealed. D is always going to have a GC.

The lack of communication/documentation on some of these things
is definitely not helpful. D was designed with the better parts
of Java and C++ (from the Origin of D)... except GC in D works
very different from what comes mind when most people hear the
term Garbage Collection.

GC IN D IS NEVER GOING AWAY. LIVE WITH IT or write @nogc code.