2.095 and antivirus

Ivan Kazmenko gassa at mail.ru
Sun Jan 10 10:59:57 UTC 2021

Hi,

The site virustotal.com doesn't like the new 2.095.0 release for
Windows: three engines find a threat in "rdmd.exe" file in the 7z
archive.  One engine finds BScope.TrojanRansom.Encoder in it, and
two others find Hacktool.Win32.Krasnoglaz.Gena.  The latter is
new: detected in 2.095.0-rc1 version, but not in 2.094.2 release.
  One engine detects a threat in some other executables from the
archive as well.

Note: when given the whole 7-zip archive, some of the engines
time out, so it's best to upload and check the ".exe" files
separately.

What's the next thing to do here?  Obviously, I'd like the
release to not contain threats (or false alarms), so that we can
feel safe about installing dmd on servers and such.

Ivan Kazmenko.