Why D is not a popular language?

Andre Pany andre at s-e-a-p.de
Sun Jan 10 11:00:29 UTC 2021

On Friday, 8 January 2021 at 16:26:43 UTC, Marcone wrote:
> I've been a programmer for 15 years. I program in several
> programming languages, only for Windows desktop with graphical
> interface. I have been programming in D for only 1 year and for
> me D is the best programming language. Why not invest more in
> Dlang? Better integration of D with Qt5 and Qt6 and the web
> would make Dlang rise in popularity.

 From a technical point of view, D is in a very good shape and
even more fantastic additions are on the horizon for 2021:

- named arguments
- string interpolation
- floating point to string conversion implemented in DRuntime
- huge list of more features and fixes

At this point of of time the community has the task to increase
the popularity of D. Other languages have companies behind to
spend money on advertising the language. For D, this
advertisements needs to be done by the community.
We need more technical evangelists in the community.

This will increase the D community and therefore more developers
will join which e.g. develops the better QT6 integration or any
other missing part.

Kind regards
Andre