2.095 and antivirus

Ivan Kazmenko gassa at mail.ru
Sun Jan 10 20:15:50 UTC 2021

On Sunday, 10 January 2021 at 15:25:33 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 10, 2021 at 10:59:57AM +0000, Ivan Kazmenko via
> Digitalmars-d wrote:
>>
>> What's the next thing to do here?  Obviously, I'd like the
>> release to not contain threats (or false alarms), so that we
>> can feel safe about installing dmd on servers and such.
>
> I'm 99.9% sure that these are false positives. We've had this
> problem in the past. It would be nice if someone filed
> false-positive reports for these cases to virustotal.com so
> that this problem can be corrected.

OK, but what is the exact process?  What I found was a paid /
trial version of VirusTotal services.

-----

More details on "rdmd.exe" from the 7-zip archive
(http://downloads.dlang.org/releases/2.x/2.095.0/dmd.2.095.0.windows.7z):

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/0943e40d04aa6f6e9a59dac8a0ec49d49542fe40af70c07a30f1389a42e40323/detection

1. Kaspersky reports "HackTool.Win32.Krasnoglaz.gena".  However,
the Kaspersky site itself marks the file as clean:
https://opentip.kaspersky.com/0943E40D04AA6F6E9A59DAC8A0EC49D49542FE40AF70C07A30F1389A42E40323/
My understanding is that the VirusTotal's version of Kaspersky is
some conservative one, and Kaspersky site provides a more current
version.

2. ZoneAlarm by Check Point reports
"HackTool.Win32.Krasnoglaz.gena".  Turns out this engine uses
Kaspersky for virus detection.

3. VBA32 reports "BScope.TrojanRansom.Encoder".  Can't find an
online version of this antivirus.

There is also the case of Windows Defender reported here and by a
fellow user also, which I myself didn't experience.

Ivan Kazmenko.