Only want to say

ddcovery antoniocabreraperez at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 13:43:38 UTC 2021

On Monday, 11 January 2021 at 10:14:36 UTC, ddcovery wrote:
> * Finally, with the "extended" version,  I use "body" instead
> "do":  in/out/body are not verbs... "do" is a verb.  it's a
> subtle difference, but it's very important to me.
Oh my God, I found
https://github.com/dlang/DIPs/blob/master/DIPs/accepted/DIP1003.md

It seems that "body" will be deprecated in favor of "do"... I
find this decision specially bad but I suppose I will eat it with
potatoes (spanish expression).

Imagine someone saying "Because we want to use 'catch' for
catching errors with promises in JavaScript, we decide to
deprecate 'catch' in the try/catch structure).   Internet
Explorer was this incompatibility and everybody was to write
["catch"] for bypassing the IE problem... actually "catch" is
used in promises and as language itself and there is no problems.

what "do" signifies?  "if precondition, then do... and check
postcondition" it is a "sequential" way to express something
that, in my opinion, must be declarative:  "this method has a
precondition, a postcondition and a body"

As I say... I will adapt to the new term... but it is clearly how
"imperative" developers doesn't accept "declarative" way of
thinking... sometimes

In special this kind of affirmation:

"Furthermore, D's contract programming features are rarely used
compared to how useful and desirable it is to be able to name a
symbol "body"

Oh my God... one of the most powerful tools of D are belittled.

Seriously?... this is the kind of decisions that makes me doubt
about D future.