2.095 and antivirus

Ivan Kazmenko gassa at mail.ru
Wed Jan 13 01:20:17 UTC 2021

On Tuesday, 12 January 2021 at 13:40:49 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> On Sunday, 10 January 2021 at 10:59:57 UTC, Ivan Kazmenko wrote:
>
>> What's the next thing to do here?  Obviously, I'd like the
>> release to not contain threats (or false alarms), so that we
>> can feel safe about installing dmd on servers and such.
>
> Perhaps you can check if rdmd is compiled -m32mscof or -m32. If
> it's compiled with -m32 it will produce OMF object files and
> link with the DMC runtime. Perhaps compiling for COFF and
> linking with the MS runtime makes a difference?

Definitely looks like -m32, both 2.094.2 and 2.095.0 versions.

I don't see a tool to do an exact check, but hello-worlds
compiled with -m32mscoff have "This program cannot be run in DOS
mode." near the start of executable, whereas -m32 produces a
"Requires Win32" there.

Anyway, this didn't change between 2.094.2 and 2.095.0.

Ivan Kazmenko.