Why D is not a popular language?

evilrat evilrat666 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 06:11:14 UTC 2021

On Wednesday, 13 January 2021 at 00:51:35 UTC, Marcone wrote:
> The impression I have is that everything in D is difficult,
> old, obsolete and abandoned. I hope someday those responsible
> for D will invest in IDE, integration with Qt, and with Qt
> Designer to convert .ui to .d and a way to use packages that is
> as easy as in Python, because the dub is very bad.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Open Source!

Ok no time for celebrations, since unlike corporate backed
languages D is poor, all of those things will not happen just
because someone asked, it may sound harsh but "if you need it -
you make it, or pay someone to make it", that's what everyone
says on that forum. And I mean they are not wrong. For example if
thing X is exist in language A and thing Y is super easy to use
that's because someone had to make it happen, and when nobody
wants to make those nasty things the last argument is money,
which you already probably guessed D lacks.

And even with all that I disagree with that D is difficult and
obsolete, for a teenager who will never code without IDE and
simply doesn't care how computer/compilers/languages works?
Maybe. For anyone who started with notepad as their IDE and
crawled up on the hill of proficiency? No.