Why D is not a popular language?

evilrat evilrat666 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 08:13:18 UTC 2021

On Wednesday, 13 January 2021 at 07:21:26 UTC, Paul Backus wrote:

> D's leadership is almost legendarily bad at communicating
> openly and effectively with contributors

Yes, there may be serious organizational/management problems, but
the language itself is so cool.
Being open source also means that it is possible that someone
makes a fork with better management and vision and it might
succeed, but on the other hand I hope this not happen any time
soon, as D is barely living and such split might actually sink
both projects.

Heck, even I myself was thinking about making my own 'Better D'
transpiler with new fancy sugar such as optional semicolon, fancy
null conditional and null coalescing operators (aka ?. and ?? in
C#) and such.
Thanks to dmd as a library this might be even possible as a one
man project.