Why D is not a popular language?

aberba karabutaworld at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 13:10:18 UTC 2021

On Wednesday, 13 January 2021 at 08:13:18 UTC, evilrat wrote:
> On Wednesday, 13 January 2021 at 07:21:26 UTC, Paul Backus
> wrote:
>>
>> D's leadership is almost legendarily bad at communicating
>> openly and effectively with contributors
>
> Yes, there may be serious organizational/management problems,
> but the language itself is so cool.
> Being open source also means that it is possible that someone
> makes a fork with better management and vision and it might
> succeed, but on the other hand I hope this not happen any time
> soon, as D is barely living and such split might actually sink
> both projects.

That's what I fear and pray never happen. The Node.js project
went through a similar experience before merging the fork back
under a foundation.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theregister.com/AMP/2015/09/09/node_js_v400_reunites_with_io_js/

D is actually a foundation unlike Joyent which was rather a
company before handing over to the Foundation created later to
manage the project.

I really hope we resolve this sooner.