Printing floating points

Berni44 someone at somemail.com
Thu Jan 21 14:25:22 UTC 2021

On Thursday, 21 January 2021 at 14:02:52 UTC, deadalnix wrote:
> While we are on this, I should point out that there has been a
> major breakthrough on the matter fairly recently called ryu.

This is well known to me (I wrote PR 7264). Unfortunately ryu and
format("%f") have different goals, so ryu cannot be used there.
Anyway, I have some ideas of extending the abilities of format,
where ryu (or a similiar algorithm) might make it into phobos.
But don't expect this to happen too soon.

As far as I know, there are allready several implementations of
ryu in D available.

Berni