Cross compiling for windows from linux

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Sat Jan 23 00:25:03 UTC 2021

On Sat, Jan 23, 2021 at 12:09:17AM +0000, deadalnix via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On Friday, 22 January 2021 at 07:52:24 UTC, RazvanN wrote:
[...]
> > [1] https://wiki.dlang.org/Building_under_Posix
>
> Hey, I tried that, but I have no GUI, which the installer require. I
> may end up just running X on another machine and run it this way, but
> I was hoping for a simpler way.

Did you see the steps I posted?  No need of any GUI, just download and
install LDC for Linux and download and unpack LDC for Windows (both from
here: https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc/releases -- just download
the tarball/zip and unpack them, no need for any installers), edit
ldc2.conf, and you can start cross-compiling right away.  It's what I've
been doing for the past year for one of my projects. :-D

The LDC folk have done a really awesome job at making Linux -> Windows
cross-compilation so painless.

There are four kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics.