[DIP idea] out variables

Q. Schroll qs.il.paperinik at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 15:02:49 UTC 2021

On Tuesday, 26 January 2021 at 02:44:20 UTC, 12345swordy wrote:
>> What do you think? Worth it?
>
> in, out, inout need some badly reworking to do. Their is a
> preview for in, but not for others sadly.

While in and out are opposites in a sense, inout is something
completely unrelated.
For the most part, I consider `in` to be fixed. With the preview,
it works exactly as one would expect it did.
On the other hand, `out` is near useless: In the current state,
making `out` an alias for `ref` wouldn't be that much of a
breaking change.