Printing floating points

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 06:14:47 UTC 2021

On Wednesday, 27 January 2021 at 00:53:11 UTC, Bruce Carneal
wrote:
> You made an assertion, in a proof discussion, that the
> tractable extension of the exhaustive proof to cover larger FP
> types, was "no problem".

Eh. I argued that you can fully cover an implementation without
doing exhaustive testing. Don't confuse what I will waste my time
on with what is possible.

For algorithms with limited loops and limited input you can also
fully unroll them and prove them correct by bit-blasting.
Algorithms that are written to execute few instructions are not
unlikely candidates for that.