We need a community effort to maintain unmaintained dub packages, suggestions

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 23:38:28 UTC 2021

On Wednesday, 27 January 2021 at 22:47:56 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> Not to mention, one giant, monolithic library that tries to do
> everything [...] Adam Ruppe's arsd library is an excellent
> example.

fixed that for you

it is kind ironic, i have like 70 diverse modules, so it is kinda
a "giant" library, but since I'm so strict on modular
independence (even to the point of copy/pasting code in a few
places) it is more like 50 "libraries" in one.

(I kinda hate the term library btw. A real world library is a big
building with a bunch of random books. The librarian doesn't
write all the books and most the books have nothing to do with
each other. They are just made available there. That's the way I
see the arsd lib - a "library" made up of a bunch of individual
books from various sources. And my main job as librarian is to
just ensure they stay in condition that people can check them out.

and of course I write like 2/3 of them myself too lol. But a
surprising number of the modules in there actually aren't written
by me at all.)