Discussion Thread: DIP 1036--String Interpolation Tuple Literals--Community Review Round 2

SealabJaster sealabjaster at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 08:50:20 UTC 2021

On Thursday, 28 January 2021 at 07:44:05 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> Nobody is going to prefer calling printf that way.

Forgive me if I'm missing the point, but why should a D feature
compromise itself for a small subset of C functions?

Kind of ironically the argument of "nobody is going to prefer
calling printf that way" is similar to the argument of the
previous printf-compatible proposal having to call an external
function just to get a string.