Feedback Thread: DIP 1036--String Interpolation Tuple Literals--Community Review Round 2

Dukc ajieskola at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 08:57:03 UTC 2021

On Thursday, 28 January 2021 at 08:35:34 UTC, Dukc wrote:
> `I"hello ${world}"` would be `AliasSeq!(Interp!"hello ",
> Interp!typeof(world)(world))`. And with latter I mean an honest
> alias sequence, not one with a special cased `.length` or
> anything like that.

Error again, this would not compile. Replace "alias sequence"
with "expanded tuple" so that the rewritten snipped would be
`tuple(Interp!"hello ", Interp!typeof(world)(world)).expand`. I
don't mean that the compiler would rewrite the string to use
`std.typecons.Tuple`, but that the resulting expanded tuple would
be implemented just the same way.