Making Errors errors

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 18:33:17 UTC 2021

On Thursday, 28 January 2021 at 17:59:41 UTC, Max Haughton wrote:
> I am starting to put together a patch to try out this
> behaviour, what do we actually want it to do - should it call a
> user specified handler, druntime, c etc.?

Here's a crazy idea: when this switch is in place, it just never
actually honors your catch handlers.

so then throw Error is the same as an uncaught exception and thus
trigger the debugger at the throw site instantly.

> (Errors should indicate something has gone wrong, the
> program is in an invalid state)

In real life Errors are rarely this extreme. Most of them
indicate that the program *would* get into an invalid state if it
proceeded, but since it stopped before actually executing it,
things are still fine.