Discussion Thread: DIP 1036--String Interpolation Tuple Literals--Community Review Round 2

rikki cattermole rikki at cattermole.co.nz
Fri Jan 29 08:46:13 UTC 2021

On 29/01/2021 9:02 PM, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 1/28/2021 8:47 PM, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
>> D excels at these things.
>
> Ok, it's doable, but it's writing your own printf to do these
> manipulations.

I agree, we shouldn't need to write the mapper function which Steven
wrote ourselves.

We (Steven and I) discussed this on Discord and left it at the function
should not be included in the DIP. From a UX POV, it should be just a
matter of doing an alias IMO. But that isn't really a goal of a DIP to
specify such utility.