Feedback Thread: DIP 1036--String Interpolation Tuple Literals--Community Review Round 2

SealabJaster sealabjaster at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 11:49:28 UTC 2021

On Wednesday, 27 January 2021 at 10:33:53 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:

Reposting this here at Walter's request:

Finally, and I'm sorry if I missed this being described in the
DIP, but consider
this case (and similar):

```
void f(T)(T array)
if(isArray!T)
{
     //...
}

```

What would happen here? My best guess is that it won't compile
unless written as `f(i"...".idup)` which then introduces an odd
discrepancy where there's certain usages that still require
explicitly calling .idup, e.g. `i"...".idup.splitter`