Printing floating points

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 13:42:49 UTC 2021

On Friday, 29 January 2021 at 02:58:38 UTC, Bruce Carneal wrote:
> The parenthetical phrase was meant to apply to everything that
> preceeded it.  An SMT like solution is what I thought you had
> asserted, something that substantially cut down the work while
> provably covering the full domain.

I am not asserting anything, other than that I don't think full
formal verification (unless bitblasting works) is within the
perimeter of the D community, so that leaves informal proofs
combined with selective testing as the viable option that the D
community as a whole (not any specific individual) can accomplish.

A solver is a tool that can be used to make this viable. Without
a solver, maybe a reimplementation with a correspondence proof is
easier.

> better than continuing here.  I'll be hanging out at beerconf
> if you think it's worth your time to converge on understanding.

I like the idea of beerconf, but I have a deliverable deadline on
monday, so I don't have time this week.