Making Errors errors

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Fri Jan 29 14:49:12 UTC 2021

On Thursday, 28 January 2021 at 17:59:41 UTC, Max Haughton wrote:
> It has been discussed in a different thread (Making throwing an
> error an instant failure, catching Error etc.)
>
> I am starting to put together a patch to try out this
> behaviour, what do we actually want it to do - should it call a
> user specified handler, druntime, c etc.?

I think there are two things that need to take into consideration:

* Currently druntime catches all uncaught exceptions, that is
`Throwable`, to be able to print the exception message and a
stack trace.

* When running unit tests there needs to be safe way to catch
whatever `assert` is throwing to be able to continue running
other unit tests. druntime relies on this.

--
/Jacob Carlborg