Printing floating points

Afgdr zerzre.rertert at gmx.com
Sat Jan 30 11:02:54 UTC 2021

On Thursday, 28 January 2021 at 23:27:28 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
> I do however refute the idea that an exhaustive test is needed,
> since the problem involves regular patterns.

how about a full coverage of a half float type, assuming the
function tested works the same with float and double and anay
arbitrary lond FP type, e.g template param for mantissa and exp.
Sof if a smaller FP type fully passes the for loop test, e.g all
permutations we can assume bigger FP types will be 100% correctly
converted.