Segmentation fault in runTlsDtors

Ali Çehreli acehreli at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 1 20:54:11 UTC 2021

On 7/1/21 12:51 PM, Max Samukha wrote:
> On Saturday, 26 June 2021 at 02:14:50 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:
>

>> And why are we inside starting a thread? Is that a GC thread? I can't
>> imagine my program starting a thread when the program is shutting
>> down. (?)
>
> We just haven't exited the process's main thread yet, which was created
> with this call at line 95:
> https://code.woboq.org/userspace/glibc/sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/x86_64/clone.S.html

Thanks.

I came here to report that I've worked around this issue by not linking
with the library but including its modules in the program that segfaulted.

The main difference in this case is the lack of the library's c_api.d
file, which did automatic library initialization and deinitialization.
Of course, I'm not sure whether that was the cause but I am happy that
it was a fairly simple workaround which involved just the build
configuration file.

Ali