D vs C++ classes?

Alexandru Ermicioi alexandru.ermicioi at gmail.com
Thu Jul 1 20:55:30 UTC 2021

On Thursday, 1 July 2021 at 12:18:38 UTC, zjh wrote:
> On Thursday, 1 July 2021 at 11:26:23 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
> wrote:
>> On Wednesday, 30 June 2021 at 14:13:23 UTC, Alexandru Ermicioi
>> wrote:
>
> D `should not` forget the original intention:
> D is a system level language.

D is a general purpose programming language not just systems
programming language.

> C++ is our good friend.
> I always say `compete with C++` and `learn from C++`.

This should not be only from C++, but all languages.

> `Better C++` is always good for attracting people.

I'm not against better C++ interop, and would like to have it.
I'm against adjusting core features of D just to make it
compatible with C++ without using extern (C++) modifier, in other
words not opt in.

> Recently, I find V language, and its many feature are copying
> from `D` language,though `Go++,rust--`.
> And now they have `24000` star.
> I always say `Better C++` is the right way.

Well, I'm also for better C++ interop, just not for the sake of
sacrificing flexibility of a language to evolve.