core.reflect vs. __traits

Stefan Koch uplink.coder at googlemail.com
Sat Jul 3 16:08:59 UTC 2021

On Saturday, 3 July 2021 at 15:46:07 UTC, Alexandru Ermicioi
wrote:
> On Saturday, 3 July 2021 at 11:59:03 UTC, Stefan Koch wrote:
>> Good Day D Community,
>> Please let me know what you think.
>
> Hi, any thoughts, on integrating core.reflect with typeinfo
> classes?
> Seems like, right place for reflection information to be stored.
>
> Also any plans on providing a good interface for invoking
> functions and class members?
> Would be nice to have two sets of functionality, one for
> compile time, and one at run time.
>
> Best regards,
> Alexandru.

typeinfo is a failed experiment in my opinion which has never
been useful and this is why I am working on `core.reflect`.
The functionality for runtime and for compile time (as far as
working with reflection classes in concerned) should be the same.
Of course, the to be unveiled `core.codegen` cannot work at
runtime.