Compiler-assisted code reflection for IDEs

SealabJaster sealabjaster at gmail.com
Fri Jul 16 22:11:37 UTC 2021

On Friday, 16 July 2021 at 14:38:07 UTC, Per Nordlöw wrote:

I wasn't quite suggesting doing it myself. While I could *try* I
know I wouldn't be able to get anywhere, at least for quite a
long time.

I was more seeking discussion on the possibility and silently
hoping someone with more experience would take up the mantle >:D

> But once DCD is rewritten, all existing IDE's that support it
> will just work in > terms of switching over.

So an ETA of roughly 5 years minimum then. Doesn't dmd's frontend
have the issue of poorly managing its memory (issue for longer
running tools), or is that mostly fixed now?