host official deb and rpm repos on downloads.dlang.org

singingbush singingbush at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 20 09:45:03 UTC 2021

There's already deb & rpm packages on downloads.dlang.org so it
shouldn't be a huge leap to have 'official' (as in, hosted on
dlang.org) repos for Ubuntu / Fedora users. Is there any appetite
for doing this? I know I'd much prefer to get dmd/dub updated
whenever I update my machine rather than having to do things like
this:

```
sudo rpm --upgrade http://downloads.dlang.org/releases/$(date
+'%Y')/dmd-2.097.1-0.fedora.x86_64.rpm
```

Also, there's letsencrypt ssl certs on both dlang.org and
forum.dlang.org, why not also get https setup for
downloads.dlang.org?