Enum literals, good? bad? what do you think?

zjh fqbqrr at 163.com
Thu Jul 22 06:12:43 UTC 2021

On Thursday, 22 July 2021 at 04:26:45 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 7/21/2021 7:12 PM, zjh wrote:
>> I am also `experienced ` C++ Programmer,why I don't hurt from
>> it?

As a `plain user`, I hope to have the same convenience as `C++`.
I know you are very professional. But, the development of `the D
language`,Don't you need a lot of `primary users`?
IMO, As a language leader, You should provide users with a
variety of choices like `C++`.
When users feel great, they will naturally let their friends to
use `D`.
`C++'s` advantage is although It don't do well, but It provide
you basic facilities.
`D`,the biggest weakness is ecology. Ecology is made up of users.
A large number of users may not be as professional as you.
So I think `d` should work hard on `small details` to gain users.
I've been saying that the biggest advantage of D is `better c++`,
which can attract `C++ programmers`.
`C++ programmer`, can help `D` in two places, one is to bring the
user, the other is to bring the library which brings the user.
Therefore, D should pay more attention to the experience of the
`C++ man`, rather than the average force, resulting in nothing.