@system blocks and safer @trusted (ST) functions

Joseph Rushton Wakeling joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net
Sun Jul 25 17:43:52 UTC 2021

On Sunday, 25 July 2021 at 05:05:44 UTC, Bruce Carneal wrote:
> At beerconf I committed to putting forward a DIP regarding a
> new syntactic element to be made available within @trusted
> functions, the @system block.  The presence of one or more
> @system blocks would enable @safe checking elsewhere in the
> enclosing @trusted function.

I'm very happy to hear that.  I think this proposal is an
important and useful one, and I have been thinking of
volunteering to write a DIP myself on the topic.  I'll be
dropping into tonight's BeerConf in a little while, so hopefully
we can touch base then and see if we can find an opportunity for
collaboration (maybe two heads and two people's spare time can
overcome that burden of effort more readily than one).