Why did etc.c.odbc move to core.sys.windows?

Luís Ferreira contact at lsferreira.net
Tue Jun 1 15:21:44 UTC 2021

On Tue, 2021-06-01 at 08:19 +0000, Kagamin via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> The original idea was to have an RDBMS support in phobos:
> https://forum.dlang.org/post/ml76cf$c32$1@digitalmars.com
> https://github.com/dlang/phobos/pull/3398

Ooof. It is clear there was no proper discussion about it and that
makes me really sad. I want to be clear that it is not about the
importance of having ODBC wrappers in D ecosystem and rather choosing
to have it on the standard library.

      I don't see why this should go into Phobos. A Dub package
      should be more than good enough, at least until that planned
      proposal for a standard high-level API materializes. Even then, a
      well-publicized Dub might be more appropriate, given all the
      issues we ran into with std.net.curl. Consider this to be just
      about the most formal veto I can extend.

   Agree, please do not add another c lib dependency to phobos. This
   should be a dub package.

Those guys were literally ignored.

The worst part of this attitude is that Walter didn't read the comments
and enabled auto merge tag even if CyberShadow alerted him before
merge.

Staff should take care of its community instead of saying "because I
want to".

--
Sincerely,
Luís Ferreira @ lsferreira.net