Travis-CI.org has shut down

FreeSlave freeslave93 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 3 09:01:28 UTC 2021

On Tuesday, 1 June 2021 at 15:54:37 UTC, Rikki Cattermole wrote:
> Hello everyone!
>
> A little devops update, since there is a number of projects in
> the D-sphere that have used travis-ci.org in the past.
>
> As per their blog post[0], they have shut down their .org
> domain.
>
> What this means to us as developers is if you still use
> travis-ci.org for your CI rather than travis-ci.com it will no
> longer work and therefore checks won't pass when making PR's.
>
> Over on the dlang-community organization, Amin Yahyaabadi
> (@aminya) has very kindly created a PR that replaces DCD's
> Travis scripts over to Github Actions. I have tested it after
> merging, and it is good to go!
>
> Furthermore, if you need any admin assistance with bringing any
> dlang-community repository from travis-ci.org to another CI
> system please feel free to ping me (@rikkimax).
>
> [0] https://blog.travis-ci.com/2021-05-07-orgshutdown

They prolonged it to June 15th.
What's not clear to me - is CI for open repositories still as
unlimited as before?

travis-ci.com has a new tab in profile settings, called Plan,
saying I have 10000 Credits. It's not clear how these credits are
spent. travis-ci.org did not imply such limits and I've never had
a problem with depleting any limits.

The "Repositories" tab on travis-ci.com now shows a list of my
forks and repos that never had travis-ci integration, but does
not show any of my repos that use travis-ci.org.
travis-ci.com has a tab called Migrate that lists my repos
previously connected to travis, however it does not allow to
migrate any of them unless I sign up for beta. If they ask users
to change to travis-ci.com should not it be out of beta already?
What's the point of asking if it's not ready yet?

Reading travis-ci blog does not help. It all became so unclear at
this point. This page [1] does not actually explain how to
migrate, but says what will migrate once migration is done.

[1]
https://docs.travis-ci.com/user/migrate/open-source-repository-migration