(Skia) Submit project to bindbc?

evilrat evilrat666 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 3 11:04:10 UTC 2021

On Thursday, 3 June 2021 at 08:39:07 UTC, pilger wrote:
> On Thursday, 3 June 2021 at 07:27:13 UTC, Sebastiaan Koppe
> wrote:
>> I ran dpp over it a month ago and compiled a simple demo.
>
> i tried to compile skia on windows about a month ago. not a
> very enjoyable experience. the non standard build system/ tool
> chain is painful to set up. documentation for it is all over
> the place. i gave up frustrated when i couldn't resolve
> compilation errors. it feels like the windows platform isn't
> very well supported- to speak diplomatically.

The build process requires python 2(python 3 works too), git,
ninja, and Visual Studio/Clang compiler.

it is then as simple as
1) clone depot_tools and skia
2) run their sync utility (python script)
3) run their gn tool(step 1) to generate ninja build files
4) build with ninja

Step 3 is most error-prone as there is literally zero
documentation on what it does and how to decide what to choose.

Here is my cmd for build for steps 3 and 4
```sh

bin/gn gen out/Shared --args='is_official_build=true
is_component_build=true skia_enable_tools=false
skia_use_icu=false skia_use_sfntly=false skia_use_piex=true
skia_use_dng_sdk=false skia_use_system_expat=false
skia_use_system_libjpeg_turbo=false skia_use_system_libpng=false
skia_use_system_libwebp=false skia_use_system_zlib=false'

ninja -C out/Shared
```
found and tweaked from
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/50228652/how-to-compile-skia-on-windows

and specifically (turn off dng_sdk)
https://github.com/mono/SkiaSharp/blob/605946352e543ee39345bb4969db28ddf2ae4977/cake/BuildExternals.cake#L95-L101

The build process took just about one minute. No idea how feature
complete this configuration, but it seems everything works for my
needs.