(Skia) Submit project to bindbc?

evilrat evilrat666 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 3 11:35:32 UTC 2021

On Thursday, 3 June 2021 at 07:27:13 UTC, Sebastiaan Koppe wrote:

> The C API is still marked experimental though. It definitely
> works; I ran dpp over it a month ago and compiled a simple demo.
>
> The biggest problem for me is that the C API is missing things
> like text for instance. I really can't live without that.

Yup, that sucks. But since C API looks like just a thin wrapper I
think text could be added on top of it using C++ function loading.

> The Skia codebase is pretty clean though, and dpp seems to be
> able to transpile most of the C++ headers I have tried
> (although the resulting D code is invalid here and there.) So
> it might be a nice project to try C++ interop on.

Or generate bindings using my tool O_-

Unfortunately it is still sucks because it uses STL, and there is
tons of junk in it.  Maybe if I could just strip produced garbage
and take only what is used (atomics, unique_ptr, strings, etc...,
but not all those extra functions) it will work.