Travis-CI.org has shut down

bachmeier no at spam.net
Thu Jun 3 15:08:09 UTC 2021

On Thursday, 3 June 2021 at 09:01:28 UTC, FreeSlave wrote:

> They prolonged it to June 15th.
> What's not clear to me - is CI for open repositories still as
> unlimited as before?
>
> travis-ci.com has a new tab in profile settings, called Plan,
> saying I have 10000 Credits. It's not clear how these credits
> are spent. travis-ci.org did not imply such limits and I've
> never had a problem with depleting any limits.
>
> The "Repositories" tab on travis-ci.com now shows a list of my
> forks and repos that never had travis-ci integration, but does
> not show any of my repos that use travis-ci.org.
> travis-ci.com has a tab called Migrate that lists my repos
> previously connected to travis, however it does not allow to
> migrate any of them unless I sign up for beta. If they ask
> users to change to travis-ci.com should not it be out of beta
> already? What's the point of asking if it's not ready yet?
>

> Reading travis-ci blog does not help. It all became so unclear
> at this point. This page [1] does not actually explain how to
> migrate, but says what will migrate once migration is done.
>
> [1]
> https://docs.travis-ci.com/user/migrate/open-source-repository-migration

In addition to the information you've already been provided about
pricing, here's a blog post where they explain the changes:

https://blog.travis-ci.com/2020-11-02-travis-ci-new-billing

They couldn't continue as they did before because that meant they
were footing the bill for cryptocurrency operations. All the
providers are facing the same issue:
https://layerci.com/blog/crypto-miners-are-killing-free-ci/