Travis-CI.org has shut down

kinke noone at nowhere.com
Fri Jun 4 22:59:16 UTC 2021

On Friday, 4 June 2021 at 22:10:29 UTC, Iain Buclaw wrote:
> On Friday, 4 June 2021 at 18:25:10 UTC, kinke wrote:
>> On Thursday, 3 June 2021 at 13:56:32 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
>> wrote:
>>> There is a page that talks about what credits get you:
>>>
>>> https://docs.travis-ci.com/user/billing-overview/#usage---credits
>>
>> FWIW, there are unlimited credits for OSS and
>> AArch64/PowerPC/Z architectures, apparently sponsored by ARM
>> and IBM. After the end of Shippable CI, Travis is, AFAIK, the
>> only free CI service offering AArch64 on Linux. And thus still
>> of relevance for LDC.
>
> What are the resources like?

Still with .org and `arch: arm64`: `nproc` lists either 4 or 32
cores (!), `free` 4 GB (I very much doubt that's hard though). So
sometimes a full build succeeds with 8 jobs without out-of-memory
retries, yielding an overall job time of about 22 minutes (e.g.,
https://travis-ci.org/github/ldc-developers/ldc/builds/773502971). At other times with an agent with 4 cores, it's about 45 minutes.

With .com, I've tested their `arch: arm64-graviton2` a while
back, which offered only 2 cores, but a significantly higher
per-core performance (comparable to x86_64) IIRC.

So not comparable with Shippable, which consistently provided
something like 48 cores (with low per-core performance though)
and 32/128 GB of memory.