Why did etc.c.odbc move to core.sys.windows?

Luís Ferreira contact at lsferreira.net
Sun Jun 6 01:48:38 UTC 2021

On Sat, 2021-06-05 at 21:14 +0000, Iain Buclaw via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On Saturday, 5 June 2021 at 17:39:34 UTC, Luís Ferreira wrote:
> > On Sat, 2021-06-05 at 07:22 +0000, Iain Buclaw via
> > Digitalmars-d wrote:
> > >
> > > It wasn't moved to the runtime library, it needlessly existed
> > > in both places.  One of them had to go.
> >
> > Ok, sure, thats worse but moving forward is not deleting one of
> > them, IMHO. AFAIK, libodbc is something external, even on
> > windows, so why druntime is still dependent on such bindings?
>
> Because it is is part of the mingw runtime, and the contributor
> to `core.sys.windows` translated all headers verbatim.

Oh ok, it makes more sense now, although, I assume it was a mistake.

To be honest, it should be more clear what bindings are valid on the
druntime. Logically, bindings for the kernel headers and libc are
accepted, but extensions like libodbc should be discussed previously
and I think there's no specification for those type of additions.

--
Sincerely,
Luís Ferreira @ lsferreira.net