Is D Dead?

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Sun Jun 6 13:59:17 UTC 2021

On Sunday, 6 June 2021 at 13:36:20 UTC, Guillaume Piolat wrote:
> It would be interesting to have other metrics, like repo
> created on Github/Gitlab year on year or funding of the D
> Foundation.

But try to look at repos with high star count for D (and other
languages) on GitHub.

Most of them are not bread-and-butter (except for some
web-stuff), I think?

Is that because people tend to use only Phobos, Mir and Vibe?
Anyway, it suggests that people don't focus on building
libraries. So maybe people don't find the language easy enough to
use for that purpose? Dunno.

It could also mean that the more language-oriented programmers
have moved on to explore newer languages, and that D are
appealing more to utility oriented programers.

The number of repos with more than 10 stars was lower than I
would expect.