I hate class destructors with a burning passion

FeepingCreature feepingcreature at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 12:49:19 UTC 2021

On Wednesday, 9 June 2021 at 17:54:06 UTC, Timon Gehr wrote:
> On 09.06.21 04:37, Walter Bright wrote:
>>
>> Allocating via the GC is in assert is just ridiculous, as the
>> program is going to exit shortly anyway. There won't ever be a
>> need to run a collection on it. Just malloc away and
>> fuggeddabootet.
>
> AssertError is still *caught* /by the language/ on in contract
> inheritance.

Note that -preview=inclusiveincontracts changes the semantics so
that AssertError is, while still caught, never *swallowed* but at
most converted into another Error. In other words, if the parent
in-condition throws, the child in-condition will always throw as
well.

For discussion of this feature, see
https://github.com/dlang/dmd/pull/11465 .

I'm sorry I haven't had time to push on this recently.