OT: WWDC 2021, ARC in Swift: Basics and beyond

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Sat Jun 12 11:56:45 UTC 2021

On Saturday, 12 June 2021 at 11:44:11 UTC, Paulo Pinto wrote:
> It is nice to throw ARC around when unaware of the details how
> it actually works, possible bugs or crashes.

D is a system level language where the default pointer cast is
equivalent to C++ reinterpret_cast. D is not a higher level
language like Swift.

I think most D programmers have no problem using good old
reference counting. Understanding how to use weak references is a
pretty insignificant issue compared to all the other things that
can go wrong when using a system level language like D.