Can signatures be made simpler and error messages be made better?

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Mon Jun 14 12:19:13 UTC 2021

On Sunday, 13 June 2021 at 01:00:11 UTC, Elronnd wrote:
> That being said, I think the <= notation is appropriate.  In
> particular, it mirrors type theory, where T≤U means that T is a
> subtype of U.

Yes, although when I think of it. You might also want an abstract
data type (ADT) to claim that objects it return references has
the same lifetime as itself.

Which basically means the object will be destroyed by the
destruction of the ADT.

Maybe one can define the lifetime equivalent of "critical
sections", basically stating that "these objects" will outlive
the entry of "that critical section". Or that "these objects"
will not outlive the entry of "that critical section".

Hm.