Iterators and Ranges: Comparing C++ to D to Rust

Paulo Pinto pjmlp at progtools.org
Tue Jun 15 09:42:10 UTC 2021

On Tuesday, 15 June 2021 at 08:58:17 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
> On Tuesday, 15 June 2021 at 08:36:16 UTC, Paulo Pinto wrote:
>> It is a bit more elaborated than that.
>>
>> I suggest a carefull reading of all these posts to get a good
>> overview of all use cases.
>>
>> https://devblogs.microsoft.com/oldnewthing/20210504-01/?p=105178
>
> That was longwinded... about async/await like behaviour?
>
> A short summary of C++20 coroutines:
>
> https://en.cppreference.com/w/cpp/language/coroutines

That short summary doesn't cover the implementation details for
all use cases, hence the longwinded articles about their uses in
Windows, and C++/WinRT runtime.

Outside Windows, cppcoro is probably the best option,
https://www.modernescpp.com/index.php/c-20-coroutines-with-cppcoro

Couroutines will only be fully done when C++23 gets out of the
door, if everything goes as planned.

http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2019/p0592r3.html