Do I need both the @types modules, and the normal module?

Leann masnikovpasa0 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 21 06:42:42 UTC 2021

Hey, I know this may seem like a silly question, but I'm brand
new to TS, and a bit confused about this.

I have it so that my typescript compiles into javascript in a
dist folder, where a copy of the node_modules folder is placed.

The server then runs out of dist, and I noticed that, despite me
using @types modules exclusively, the javascript compiled errors
when I do not have the non @types module installed.

For example, I have a module @types/winston installed, so I
uninstalled the normal winston module, and the entire project
ceased to function. Typescript of course gives no errors about
this, as it's the javascript it compiled causing the issues.

Is this normal behavior, or behavior I could fix?

https://www.myccpay.tech/