Metaprogramming without templates

SealabJaster sealabjaster at gmail.com
Thu Jun 24 06:44:49 UTC 2021

On Wednesday, 23 June 2021 at 21:06:23 UTC, Stefan Koch wrote:
> On Monday, 21 June 2021 at 14:15:27 UTC, SealabJaster wrote:
>> On Monday, 21 June 2021 at 13:18:21 UTC, Stefan Koch wrote:

I like it so far. I can already foresee the arguments about
whether capturing comments is something it should do >:D.

My main frame of reference will always be from C#, simply because
it's the only runtime reflection I'm used to:

see Expression trees:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/csharp/programming-guide/concepts/expression-trees/#creating-expression-trees-from-lambda-expressions

see Type reflection:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/framework/reflection-and-codedom/reflection

Obviously D's potential ability for reflection will be different
and have different capabilities, but I'm sadly not able to really
think up anything unique or different.

Other people of course will have more of a better eye for
specific details and pain points, something I'm unable to provide
at the moment.

Keep up the good work though!