Interprocess Communication between Python and D

Adam D Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Thu Jun 24 12:06:30 UTC 2021

On Thursday, 24 June 2021 at 04:28:45 UTC, Utk wrote:
> (same code as mentioned in the above link)

That code was assuming you were sending strings which is why it
did that.

I wrote a newer version of that socket tutorial btw here:

http://dpldocs.info/this-week-in-d/Blog.Posted_2019_11_11.html

But I again used `char` there. However, if you just change that
to `ubyte`, you can use the rest of the code for binary data.

(technically, the code works the same way, it is just the `write`
that formats it differently for char vs ubyte when it is
displayed, but still ubyte is generally the  right thing to do
anyway, i probably should have used it even if i am sending hello
strings.)