Stack frames larger than 4K should be rejected, but what if I want more

SealabJaster sealabjaster at gmail.com
Mon Jun 28 11:39:27 UTC 2021

On Monday, 28 June 2021 at 07:10:05 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
> It also means that safe functions cannot call FFI, how can you
> prove that FFI does not exceed 4K after inlining?

Slightly related, but I was recently learning how to implement
coroutines myself and it was crashing because MSCV's `printf`
allocates a rather large buffer on the stack. Can't remember the
exact size, but I'm pretty sure it was at least 4K.

So in other words, you can't prove it for foreign functions I
believe.